W.W.J.D.Dandy

BLOG for WHAT WOULD JESUS DO ASSOCIATION (W.W.J.D.) which is a registered nonprofit charitable organization. W.W.J.D.'S PURPOSE STATEMENT: "Individuals and/or churches and/or other organizations cooperating together to do what Jesus would do." THIS BLOG WAS CREATED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SPREADING AROUND THE WORLD THE IDEA OF: "DOING WHAT JESUS WOULD DO." The name "Dandy" is the combination of the Director's names: "DAN AND SANDY, PUT US TOGETHER AND WE ARE 'DANDY'!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: GLOBAL

A CALL TO UNITY IN MESSIAH! A CALL TO RETURN TO OUR ROOTS! A CALL TO "SURRENDER LIFE"

Thursday, August 20, 2009

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO THOUGHTS


W.W.J.D.
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO ASSOCIATION



WHAT WOULD JESUS DO THOUGHTS …


All of these questions came to my mind after reading, together with my adopted dad, Raymond Charles Ray Sherman, Charles Shelton’s book, In His Steps. It was MORE than JUST a WHAT WOULD JESUS DO PHILOSOPHY; it was to me a complete revolution in society as we know it I was shooting for! I asked myself: What if all TRUE BELIEVERS actually asked themselves the question:


WHAT WOULD DO?

(Insert your own name, of course)

Before saying or doing anything? I began to get excited as I pondered on just HOW that would change society as we know it. Then all sorts thoughts popped into my mind as I tried to implement this in my own life:

WHEN WOULD JESUS DO?

WHICH WOULD JESUS DO?

WHY WOULD JESUS DO?

HOW WOULD JESUS DO?

WHAT DOES JESUS WANT?

WHAT DOES JESUS STAND FOR?

WHAT JESUS DID

THE W.W.J.D. PHILOSOPHY stemmed actually from me asking the specific question of myself:


WHAT WOULD SANDY LYNN PATTON DO?:


It was the spring of 1998 in my hometown of Okemah, Oklahoma. It seemed everywhere we attempted to take the grassroots movement of:

ACCEPTING ANYONE AND EVERYONE
NO MATTER WHAT BACKGROUND

into the local churches: had failed. The Hispanic, American Indian and smaller country side churches were more accepting and were actively associating with us. However, our question still remained: what were we going to do with our mixed herd of new converts? We bused them to the country churches for a while –until that task was more than my dad and I could handle; then we got down on our knees and prayed. We cried and begged our Father in Heaven for an answer. We agreed that we would do whatever He wanted us to do, only we begged God in Jesus name to show us what to do and how to do it. I remember Dad's prayer so strongly I can almost hear his voice saying this to the Lord:

LORD, if You don't go with us, don't send us!


The result was the birth of W.W.J.D. an association of individuals, churches or other organizations cooperating together to do what Jesus would do.

THE WHAT WOULD JESUS DO MOVEMENT WAS BORN!

W.W.J.D. was born out of a prayer of desperation, a prayer of seeking, a prayer of surrender, a prayer of commitment to follow where ever and however He would personal lead us.

THE COST?

All that we had

All that we were

All that we would be


WE SURRENDERED IT All


Have you ever personally asked yourself that pointed question?


WHAT WOULD DO?


Are you ready to insert YOUR name?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home